Monday, August 22, 2011

Sleeper Reads


When I started writing this blog I wasn't exactly sure what a sleeper read was so I decided to do a little search on the internet but all I found were vague answers. Some books that qualify as sleeper hits for me are The Cloud Prophet Trilogy by Megg Jensen, Power of the Moon by Tina Carriero, In the Shadows by Julieanne Lynch, and Pulse of Heroes by A. Jacob Sweeny. There are many other books that for myself qualify as sleeper reads but those four are the ones that really stuck out in my mind among all of the books I've read lately. For me they qualify as sleeper reads because they all had engaging characters and a storyline that sucked me in from the very beginning. Each of the books I just listed I found out about via social media websites such as Facebook. I think that social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter are a great help when it comes to authors developing a fan base for their books. What are your favorite sleeper reads of 2011 and why?

Tanya

3 comments:

  1. So sleeper reads are called that because the story line is so engaging that you can't put it down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, great point! There are so many excellent reads out there that some never get to experience.

    Did you know that "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee was considered a sleeper when it first was released? And look what happened there.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I think the term "sleeper" sugests the oposite of what is means. But then again I tend to be a little literal.
    Secondly, it doesn't seem to matter what book I read I become so dedicated to my new distraction that I don't do a whole lot more than read it until it's over. And then mope around wondering what to do with my life now.
    I think a little balence is in order here. :}

    ReplyDelete