1. Did you always know you wanted to be a writer or was there something else
you wanted to do as a career?
I began writing poetry as a child to deal with
some things that were going on in my life. It helped me to deal with
everything. As I grew older, writing became an outlet.
2. If you had the chance to co-author a book with anyone who would it be and
There are three authors actually. One JK Rowling. Why...Duh! Neil
Giaman- author of The Graveyard Book. His writing is edgy and out there, I
would love to be around when he creates! The third author would be Cindy
Bennett, author of Geek Girl and Heart on a Chain. She has a natural talent,
and I have learned a lot from her. It would be awesome to write a book with
3. Is there any books you've read that were so emotional that you teared up?
Yes! Cindy Bennett's Geek Girl and Heart on a Chain! Also Les Miserable, by
4. What is the first book that you remember reading?
Dr. Seuss and Beverly Cleary. I love the poetic styling of Seuss. I've read them all to my kids
numerous times. And Beverly Cleary's books are sooooo fun. I adore Ramona!
5. If your book was being made into a movie do you already have actors in
mind for each role? What bands/singers would you put on the soundtrack?
I have a Q and A group on Goodreads, and several of my readers and I made up a
list. These are the winners: Lilly Collins for Maggie, Alex Pettyfer for
Seth, Paul Walker for Cole, Karl Urban for Booker, and Demi Moore as the
Mom!. Playlist!! One of my readers made up a playlist. I have it on my blog.
It is awesome! http://wordpaintingsunlimited.blogspot.com/
6. What are 10 random facts about yourself?
1. I'm clumsy
2. I have six kids
3. My dog Daisy May(Lab) is in the book
4. Unlovable is loosely bases on two girls I grew up with
5. I have lived in 5 different states
6. I have HUGE feet
7. Fall is my favorite time of year
8. I live in New York and I love it.
9. I am a political junky!
10. I don't watch much TV, but I LOVE "Bones!"