As a child, I knew I wanted to be a writer. I thought there was nothing more admirable than bringing so much joy and an escape for people.But as I got older and the dreamer in me became a “realist” and I though being awriter was a pipe dream, I became interested in medicine and childbirth. I became a birth doula, breastfeeding educator, and studied midwifery and was an apprentice for 2 years…Luckily for me, the dreamer re-surfaced & writing is the path I am meant to follow.
2. If you had the chance to co-author a book withanyone who would it
be and why?
I would love to co-author a book with J.K. Rowling. She has an amazing gift and I’d love to glean some of her process!
3. Is there any books you've read that were so emotional that you teared up?
HAHA! I am an uber tenderhearted person. It doesn’t take much… but yes. I cried reading the Harry Potter series, especially when Dumbledore dies. I also cried while reading Breaking Dawn when Bella is tying up all the loose ends in preparation to die. (the Mom in me was hurting for her)
4. What is the first book that you remember reading?
The very first book I read is called The Golden Egg Book. I was 4.
5. If your book was being made into a movie do you already have actors
in mind for each role? What bands/singers would you put on the
I haven’t put a lot of thought into the actors or actresses I’d have in a movie version of my book. The idea of one of my books being made into a movie is surreal to say the least! I create a soundtrack for every book/story I write. That is a much easier answer! Currently, the songs that inspire me are:
· Drowning by Armin Van Burren & Laura V.
· Oh Darling by Plug In Stereo
· Junk of The Heart by Kooks
· Two Against One by Danger Mouse & Danielle Luppi
· Percussion Gun by White Rabbits
· Skyscraper by Demi Lovato
· Tokyo (Vampires & Werewolves) by Wombats
· Black Sheep by Metric
· How to Love by Lil Wayne
· Love You Like a Love Song by Selena Gomez
· Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by Coldplay
· Shelter by XX
· What I Wouldn’t Give by Holly Brook
· New Soul by Yael Naim
· The Call by Regina Spektor
· In My Arms by Plumb
· If I Die Young by The Band Perry
· Good Feeling by Flo Rida
6. What are 10 random facts about yourself?
1. I am a fantastic cook
2. I love to entertain
3. I am a foodie
4. I am a movie buff
5. I love all types of music
6. I am the baby in my family
7. I have four children
8. I used to live on a 10 acre farm
9. My Husband is my best friend
10. I am way too addicted to social media