Monday, September 5, 2011

Be on the lookout for this new release! ~Darkspell~ by Elizabeth Muller


Attention all Magic and YA fans, for I have great news!  Darkspell will soon be in print and ready for you to read. 

I met Elizabeth Muller through her awesome blog.  A friendship soon sparked between us and now I feel like I've known her all my life.  She is one of those people with whom you can share your joys and your sorrows and you can trust her with them both! 

Darkpell is Elizabeth's debut novel and I had the honor to be one of her beta readers.  But I'm not allowed to say anything yet. So I'll introduce to you the author and we'll have her back in a few months when her book is out, for a review and a giveaway.  So for now, you will have to content yourself with a little prelude to Darkspell.


Elizabeth, how did you come up with the story for Darkspell?

If you venture into Gail Carson Levine’s Writing Magic, on page 4, there is a writing prompt. It is the 5th one down if you want to see how Darkspell was born! As I jotted the prompt down, I let my muse take full control. Since I love romance, the first thing I thought was how would it be if the second person was a girl? And what if the first one fell in love with her? What if there was something special about her that lured him to her that she didn’t know? My mind deepened so wide, I didn’t think on the 2 dimensional level of these questions, but I felt them stirring as people bursting to be born on paper.


How long did it take you to write it?

It took me about 2 months from beginning to end, but add a few more months to that for editing.


What’s your genre?

Darkspell is Young adult Paranormal Romance, but I write in just about any genre that hits my muse, but I stick within YA for the most part.


About Darkspell:

Winter Sky believes she is everything ordinary . . . until she is kissed by Alex Stormhold.
As seer of Stormhold Coven, Alex is sworn to be Winter’s protector against the darkness that hunts her. Violently thrust into a magical realm she always thought impossible, she stumbles upon a disturbing secret of her own.
Will love prove thicker than magic?
Darkspell, coming fall 2011!


What is your advice to talented women out there?

Believe in yourself, in what the Lord has blessed you with and don’t let the cynicism of others drown you. There’s a whole lot of writers out here that believe in you!
(Amen to that!)


You can also find Elizabeth on Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads!  It's been an honor to have you on my blog Elizabeth.  You are a fireball!

By: Sil ~ The Supernatural Chick.

4 comments:

  1. Great interview Elizabeth - and beautiful advice! I can't wait to read Darkspell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's me! ;) I can't wait for Darkspell to be out, wooot!


    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?

    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darkspell is very close to being released, and we are exited to have her back then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sil, loved your questions to Elizabeth and can't wait to read Darkspell.

    I will take your advice to heart, Elizabeth. Writing can be difficult when others are cynical and not supportive.

    Thank you both for this post.

    ~The Ethereal Chick~

    ReplyDelete