Thursday, July 28, 2011

Interview with Danielle Zwissler of Firefly and Wisp Publishers

1. Did you start your writing career first or did that come later,
after joining Firefly and Wisp publishers?

I started my writing career first. I wrote a children's book called "The third wish." I entered this into a contest for scholastic and won a free computer, book contract and 3500 dollars That started the process...

2. What is some advice you have for all of the authors who choose to
go the self-publishing route?

There is nothing wrong with self publishing. You have to be your biggest cheerleader. You know that your book is good, and if you don't think so, you shouldn't self publish Self publishing is hard enough with the money, editing, and time constraints.. you need to have confidence in your writing and in yourself. Once you have that, you can do anything. The sky is the limit... NY TIMES Best seller title is next.

3. Who and/or what is your biggest inspiration and cheerleader when it
comes to your writing career?

My husband is definitely my biggest support as a writer. He tells me if something is stupid or if it doesn't gell well with a character. For example, when I was writing, "Her Last Chance," he would say, "there is no way that Bill would do that." lol... I would tease him and say, "well, he just did!"

4. Which of your books would you most like to see made into a movie?

I have put one of my books into a screen play and have been contacted by Lifetime Movie Network about it! Two Spoons, a collaboration between my husband and myself... He actually wrote the beginning part, and I went from that and took it into complete book form. It was fun, and he was a part of it, which made it even better.

5. Share your 5 favorite books and/or authors

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.. Obviously the wonderful goddess herself, JK ROWLING The Confessor, Terry Goodkind, Stone of Tears, Terry Goodkind... You can't go wrong with Fantasy

6. What are 5 random facts about yourself?

1.Sams Club Espresso Roast is my favorite 2. I have 4 bikinis but would never wear them out in public. 3. Last year I read over 400 romance novels, not including submissions to Firefly & Wisp. 4. My favorite vehicle is a minivan... Seriously.. I make them look good. 5. I love a man with a cowboy hat on..

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Those are all my favorite books too! I'm on Terry Goodkind's Phantom right now. So close to the end!

    Great interview! Thanks for all the wonderful responses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, ladies!
    Danielle, how wonderful to be contacted by Lifetime Network. What a dream come true to be able to watch a movie that you wrote. Aahhhh! Good luck to you!

    Cindy ~ The Ethereal Chick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I really had a great time doing this interview!

    Kelley, I'm on the latest book right now. It just came out Tuesday:)

    Cynthia, it definitely is! I am really excited about it and can't wait to share it with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a fascinating "truth is stranger tha fiction" thread about Firefly and Wisp here:

    http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221019

    Scholastic did publish a book entitled "The Third Wish", but it wasn't by Danielle Zwissler!

    ReplyDelete