Sunday, March 11, 2012

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Don't be fooled by the cover, this is no ghost story.


In a society where unwanted teens are salvaged for their body parts, three runaways fight the system that would "unwind" them.

Connor's parents want to be rid of him because he's a troublemaker. Risa has no parents and is being unwound to cut orphanage costs. Lev's unwinding has been planned since his birth, as part of his family's strict religion. Brought together by chance, and kept together by desperation, these three unlikely companions make a harrowing cross-country journey, knowing their lives hang in the balance. If they can survive until their eighteenth birthday, they can't be harmed - but when every piece of them, from their hands to their hearts, are wanted by a world gone mad, eighteen seems far, far away.

When I started reading this book I thought, "Oh great, it's only the beginning of the book, and it's already being rushed." But as I kept reading, I realized it was the perfect way to start an amazing story! It's defiantly on my "Top Ten" list. I couldn't put it down. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. It challenges readers about life - not just where it begins, and where it ends, but what it really means to be alive. I would recommend this book for ages 11 and up.

The second book is expected to be published in August 2012 and a third in the near future!

~Sci-Fi Chick ~ chick

No comments:

Post a Comment